Dear Valued Customers,
The health and safety of our customers, employees and communities are at the most importance to us. We wanted to provide you with an update with the continued preventive measures we have implemented to in order to safe guard the health and safety of everyone who steps into our stores.
- Dedicated the first opening hour at all store locations for more at-risk members in our community to shop with less traffic. This hour is prioritized for seniors and at-risk members of our community.
- Starsky Fine Foods is temporarily allowing priority access to our stores to customers who are healthcare workers and first responders such as police officers, EMTs and firefighters. Such customers with valid healthcare ID will be allowed to move to the front of the line to enter the store.
To date we have implemented the following preventive measures:
- Increased cleaning and sanitization of our stores throughout the day. We are focusing on high use surfaces, such as shopping carts, cash register areas, counter tops and restrooms.
- We have limited the number of customers in our stores at any given time to allow for social distancing.
- We have placed floor stickers throughout our stores to ensure customers are following social distances ruling.
- We have installed plexiglass shields at all cash registers.
- We are focusing and monitoring employees on good hygiene practices. Handwashing posters are posted throughout the store, sanitizers are available at close proximity to all employees. Gloves and masks are available for all employees.
- We have temporarily closed customer sitting area.
- All bread and pastry items are now packaged individually.
- Employees who are feeling unwell are requested to stay home.
- We are continuously monitoring the COVID-19 pandemic and following the guidelines of the Public Health Authorities and communicating information amongst our store locations and employees.
We kindly ask all of our customers to:
- Follow social distancing guidelines while shopping by staying 2 meters of 6 feet apart from others.
- Shop alone if possible. Please do not bring family or friends with you
- Please shop with your eyes versus your hands. Limit product handling.
- Please do not shop in-store if you have travelled outside Canada in the past 14 days, have been told for any reason to self-isolate or are not feeling well.
- We ask all customers to wear masks or face coverings when inside our stores.
As you know, this is a fast-moving situation and we are uncertain when things will return to the normal, we are accustomed too. Let’s work together to stay safe and healthy. We will continue to provide you with further communications as matters evolve around the COVID-19 pandemic.